What’s a bot password? What’s the difference between bot accounts and bot passwords? Why do I need all this anyway?
Sometimes it can seem convenient to use the built-in _pageName field that Cargo provides; however, _pageName is a metadata field, and you should take care to use it only as such.
DisplayPort sucks in a multi-monitor setup and I’m celebrating not using it anymore.
I couldn’t find much documentation on how to serve Flask with uWSGI and Nginx from a non-root location, so, here’s some.
In which I report a bug and discover I have to write an extension, sigh
A new AutoHotKey mini-adventure, in which I want a hotkey to create a new tab in a specific container, but here there be dragons!
Highlight Links In Category is a very small MediaWiki extension that applies classes to links based on the links’ targets’ categories. It has a number of incredibly nice use cases; here I give some examples.
The pattern of store -> query -> store -> query can lead to caching nightmares when working with Cargo or SMW in MediaWiki. This is the story of how I dealt with one.
Popup content can offer users a wide range of dynamic content options on a page - and lazily-loading popup content can do this without increasing loading times. Here’s how I’ve built a framework for both static and lazily-loaded popups.
Last week I installed VSCode for the first time, after using exclusively SublimeText for about two years (and Notepad++ prior to that). I’m going to document my learning curve.
Disambiguations are typically somewhat user-unfriendly, especially when a wiki has a relatively low percentage of pages that are disambiguated and so the presence of one is unexpected. Here I describe my method for improving quality of life when disambiguation links do appear.
CharInsert is one of my favorite extensions. Here’s how I made a Lua wrapper for it to create a user-friendly interface for anyone to add snippets they want.
The “Mediawiker” plugin makes Sublime the best IDE-like experience for editing wikis, particularly when one is primarily writing Scribunto/Lua modules. Here’s how I’ve set up my environment.